In 2005, over 170 Palestinian civil society organizations united behind a call to the world to impose Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) on Israel until it complies with international law. Now, the Palestinian BDS Campaign National Committee (BNC) is calling on YOU to design a BDS logo for the campaign!!
This is an open call to all creative artists/designers who feel they can create a âbrandâ image for this fast growing Palestinian and international campaign. The new logo design must fulfill the following criteria:
1. The design must be new, unique, innovative and easily recognizable;
2. It must include the three letters B, D, and S â BDS has already become a brand, but it needs a suitable graphic;
3. It should preferably use the four colors of the Palestinian flag;
4. It must express the spirit of the international BDS movement — a campaign of civil resistance that is aimed at ending Israelâs occupation and apartheid policies. Understand this in whichever creative way you like!
The last date to submit entries is September 8th 2009. Please submit entries ONLY via email to info@BDSmovement.net as JPEG or PDF files. In the email you send, please include
* your full name,
* country of residence, and
* phone number.
You will receive an email confirmation of your submission.
The winning design will be adopted as the official BDS logo, to be used in BDS publications and official communications worldwide. Designer of the winning logo will receive a symbolic cash prize. All submitted entries will be posted on the website in an online gallery of all submissions. The Secretariat of the BDS National Committee will decide on the winning logo.
This is YOUR chance to support the campaign to end Israel’s regime of apartheid.
Please send any questions or comments to info@BDSmovement.net.
We look forward to receiving your submission!*
The BNC Secretariat
*The BDS secretariat reserves the right to modify the winning entry in coordination with the winning artist/designer.